Tuesday, January 03, 2006

More Hats Again (and a new year)

With a new year come new resolutions, and since this is a knitting blog I thought I would post here, my knitting goals for 2006. It's real simple, as I only have one actual goal (beside the hope that I improve in general..). I want to learn how to knit socks. I don't care if they are deformed and too loose, missing a row of stitches, or just plain ugly, I want to learn how to knit socks. There. It is done!

Anyhow, more finished projects! I finished Scott's hat (previously shown in the post behind this one). I went through the trouble of knitting ear flaps, grafting them to the hat, and then blocking the whole thing (pain in the ass) before Scott told me that he didn't want earflaps. Argh. He's lucky that I like him so much. So I ripped off the earflaps and reknit a 2" strip (22" long) and grafted it to the bottom of the hat. It actually turned out better than I thought. However when the hat is laying flat on a surface the hat looks horrible, so you get to see a photo of yours truly modeling said hat to prove it doesn't suck.


Ugh.. excuse the horrible photo of moi.

The next finished item is one I made for Chantelle, I'm making a matching scarf which I just started yesterday. I'm hoping to get it done by the end of the week and make a fair amount of headway tonight while I recover from the gym. I'm so sore. Oi!


Okay, so I'm off to lay down and enjoy the night. Night :)

No comments: