Sunday, March 19, 2006

Twisty Turns

I didn't get too far on the cable I was working on in Korea. I did do some of it, but mainly it was just for practice and I think I have it down now. Knowing how easy cables actually are and how complex they look, I'm going to try to find a pattern soon to display them in, but I already have a few projects lined up that I need to finish first. And speaking of new projects, I got a huge bundle of yarn in the mail yesterday and promptly started my long-awaited Twisty Turns (from Wrap Style). This is a stock photo, I'm doing mine in green (Knit Pick's Andean Silk in "Leaf").



I'm supposedly making it for my mother, but we'll see if it ever actually gets to her. Hah. So far it's going along well. It was my first time doing cable cast ons, and they look pretty nice. Also my first time slipping stitches, but so far so good with both of those. The finished product is about 92" long (before assembling it) so I'm sure it's going to take awhile, but the pattern is interesting enough to keep me held, and repetitive enough to not mess me up constantly. After I'm finished with that I'm starting a scarf and hat set out of Knit Pick's shine colors. I bought a pretty new addi circ just for it. Also, on the slate somewhere are socks. The yarn is here but no needles, those are going to be an online purchase because my LYS had none small enough in the length that I needed, but those would have been put off anyway since I'm very excited to be doing the wrap/shawl thingy.

Other than that, I don't really have any updates. I only really wanted to post and give some sort of status on my knitting! I swear I'm not quitting, even if I am turning into the world's oldest 21 year old as we speak. That's all for now. Later!

No comments: