Friday, December 26, 2008

FO: Convertible Gloves & Snowmen

Finished! Finally! Yesterday after cooking all day, I decided that it was time to finish these gloves once and for all. I love them, and will be sad to send them away, but they've been such a giant pain that I'm not too sad, y'know? After frogging back and reknitting and having yarn issues (thanks to the dog).. ugh. Add this to the pile of stuff I have to send out next week. That is, if I can make it to the stupid post office. I'm on day 9 of being snowed in. We have ventured outside, but it was awful and I ended up a blithering mess of anxiety because the roads are so terrible. ANYWAY.. on with the photos!


Yay! Done! On another note, I love.love.LOVE this yarn, it's from a local farm called Alpacas of Misty Ridge and incredibly soft and warm and a dream to work with. I usually venture over there once every year, so I might pick some more up. For one skein, about 300yds, it was $24, but well worth every penny. I have enough left over that I think I'm going to try to make a "matching" headband (panta-style). Maybe. I'm considering it.

What I'm working on now is finishing up some hats for a local homeless shelter. I've been trying to find one for the past month, but it's a lot more difficult then it should be, IMO. I've asked some local knitting groups if they know of any, so hopefully I can get a lead from there. In the meantime I'm knitting the hats because it's cold outside and whenever I do finally get around to finding an organization to give them to, I know they'll be put to good use. I'm about 25% done with my first hat, which I just started working on last night. I don't have a good WIP picture yet, but I'll try to take one today. I'm just working it in 4X4 ribs and will crown decrease on the pearl sections when I get there. I've never tried a pattern like that before, so we'll see how it works out.

In the past week and a half we've gotten about two feet of snow, so yesterday we decided to go in the backyard and make a snowman! So Happy Holidays to everyone, enjoy our snowman. :) In the meantime I'm going to make some lunch and keep on knitting. It's good knitting weather and I have lots of good movies to watch. Later!

No comments: