Sunday, December 07, 2008

Knitting Needle Roll

Wow, okay, so I haven't posted in a long, long time. I've made lots of stuff the past few years, but haven't felt like documenting any of it (I fail at blogging, I guess). But my husband recently bought me a sewing machine and I've been sewing up a storm. I feel the need to show off my most recent FO, because I'm very proud of it and happy with the results.

It took me from the first cut of fabric until it was finished about a total of 8 hours. Three of those hours were spent ripping seams that I accidentally sewed, but who is counting, right? I loosely used the pattern that can be found here: http://alexandrasknits.blogspot.com/2006/01/tutorial-alexandras-needle-case.html, but made a fair amount of variations on it. The pattern itself was the best I found and was SUPER easy to follow (a definite plus for someone who is really rusty with their sewing machine skills, or just starting out), so I'm very thankful for that. The fabric itself all came from JoAnn online and was on super sale for only $1.99/yard (down from $4.99-$6.99/yard), and I like it a lot. Very easy to use, doesn't shred or pull or anything.. it was all around a great project. If I ever do make another one of these, I'm definitely going to make the flap a bit longer, it's too short IMO, the pattern calls for 6", but I would recommend making it 7-8" to guarantee coverage on that second row.

Anyway, here are some pictures, enjoy! :)


Piecing it together...

Almost there, finishing up the inside.

The outside, finished.

Close up of the outside edge

Closeup of the inside, flap and stitching

The inside of it, finished, woo!

All rolled up...

Putting the needles in..

And of course Kira wants to try to help..

No comments: