Friday, April 10, 2009

FO Catchup

BIG UPDATE ENTRY! I've been so ridiculously busy with work, social engagements and knitting that I haven't had time to do a proper update in quite awhile, so this is my catchup!

Let's get right into it.. first up we have my newest cowl (The Quickie Cowl), made from my favorite yarn (Plymouth Baby Alpaca Grande). Wearing it feels like wearing a warm cloud around my neck. It's so amazing I never want to take it off. It figures that I literally finished it on the first 70 degree day we've had in Seattle since September 2008, but, what are you gonna do, right? This took almost an entire skein, only about 2 yards left after seaming, so we're calling it an even 110yds (for April's numbers).

Next up is some more afghan squares, except these are only 6x6", each one was made from some spare Wool-ease I had laying around, and they're going to be made into a charity blanket for a little boy. Each square took about 50yds of yarn. I just love these! These little guys are totaling 150 more yards, bringing my April total to 260 yards.

The next few objects were completed in March (and already counted in March's totals). Starting out with the GORGEOUS Crosswalker socks. If you would recall, I dyed this yarn way back in February for Julie (a custom request), to be made into these. All finished, they are ridiculously comfortable, warm and fit PERFECTLY. I did not want to give them away, but, so it is. I know that I'll be making a pair for myself in the near future :)

The one thing I realized, finally, is that I'm going to HAVE to do 1X1 ribbing from now on. For some reason, my 2X2 ribs are just way too loose on all my socks.

Last, but certainly not least, more band cuffs! When I sent the last 4 to Julie, they got a lot of attention and I had a lot of requests to make more. I whipped these four up in about an hour one night. Ideally, I would have preferred to not use the same "base" colors as the last set, but I didn't want to buy yarn for them (because they use a very small amount and that's silly..), so I used up what I had. On the plus side, I got rid of the tan partial. The person I made these for got them last week and absolutely loves them and has even asked me how she could start knitting too. Haha.

I do have a few more things knit up already (I said I was busy!) but don't have photos uploaded, so for now, this is all I have. I'm still working on the felted bag, and cast on last night for the Log Cabin Afghan of DOOM. Wish me luck.

No comments: