Monday, February 20, 2006

Pinwheel Baby Blanket

I've been a busy knitter these past few weeks, emphasis on busy, so busy in fact that I haven't had time to post any photos of my WIP or finished objects. So this massive update will serve to that, while I procrastinate packing for my vacation. Yay!

First up, the pinwheel baby blanket,
pattern found here, my biggest project to date, no doubt. This thing, when finished, is 34" in diamater, and took me about a solid week of knitting (I didn't count, but probably about 20-25 hours, most of which was done at work or watching the olympics). It was knit entirely on my size 9 24" circs, which by the end, was seriously pushing maximum density. I used approx 300 for the main color (purple) and about 100 yards for the other color, both semi cheap but soft acrylic just from my stash so I don't remember what brand. Anyway, I had really high hopes for this project, and am gifting it to a friend who is due in a few months, but ... I don't know what the hell happened to it. I'm going to try to fix it when I get back, but am running short of ideas how to do such. For the record, this was my first attempt at both seed stitch (the border) and yarn overs. Both were a lot easier than I anticipated, which is never a bad thing.



BLEH!! Anyway, next project. I finally got around to finishing Chantelle's homespun (ew) scarf. It matches the hat I made (look back a few posts) and has mostly been done for a few weeks but I was being lazy about actually finishing it. I didn't get a picture of it before I rolled it up and considering rolling and decorating it takes about 20 minutes, I'm not about to undo it all, but it's about 60" long by about 5" wide and is super soft. That's the thing with homespun, I despise knitting with it but the finished product is always great. Oh well. Here we go.




Last, but certainly not least, I sat down last night with my new knitting book (Wrapstyle, oh how I love thee!) and taught myself how to cable. I'd tried once before and it was a miserable failure, but the instructions in wrapstyle are so easy to follow that it was a piece of cake. I did a braided cable 22 st across, but it turned out awesome. So I decided to grab some left overs and knit up a panta with a cable in it for practice. I just started it tonight and only worked on it for about an hour, but here it is so far. I'm going to take it with me to Korea and hopefully finish it there. Sorry about the flash, it's blinding but it's the best I could do at 11PM.


Alright so that's all for now, I need to finish packing, er.. start packing. Damnit, I suck at this stuff. Okay. Later! :)

No comments: