Sunday, December 11, 2005

First Post

Hi, my name is Mindy and this is my blog dedicated to my knitting and well, this is my first post. I figured for my first post I'd show some photos of the things I've been working on the past few months. But before that, I wanted to share a little bit about me. I'm twenty years old and I've lived in Seattle for the past sixteen months after growing up in Minnesota. I've been knitting for a little over three years, but only within the past few months have I started trying to advance past basic knit stitch on scarves. I don't know anybody else that knits so it's hard to learn some of the more difficult techniques and most are just trial and error while teaching myself. Anyway, without further adieu...


This is a scarf I made for my husband and completed in September. Just basic knit stitch in acrylic blue and white yarn. It took me about 20 hours to complete and finished length was about six feet long by six inches wide.
I knit this for my friend Chantelle for a gift. It's just a basic knit stitch, again, made from who-knows-what yarn that I bought two years ago. Finished dimensions are seven feet long by six inches wide. It only took me about twelve hours to finish, it knit up very fast.
So obviously this isn't knitting. I wanted to share a photo of my cat and myself. This is Stella and well, that's a bad photo of me, but I'm Mindy. Stella is crazy and I'm a single parent to her, so we have our issues (like her suddenly catching fleas last month, ech!), but overall she's a great cat. At least, to me she is.


I have a few projects I'm working on for the red scarf project but I currently don't have photos, I'll try to take those tonight or tomorrow. Well that's all for now. Later.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.