Tuesday, December 27, 2005

More Hats!

Due to a terribly busy schedule as of late, all my knitting projects have been put on hold, but now that the holiday is over and it's back to life as normal, I'm forging ahead. That is, once I get all my yarn that I ordered! I ordered eight skeins of the andean silk from knit picks to make some pretty new things. On Saturday night, when I got home from work, I found three skeins sitting in my mailbox, so I whipped up a hat for my husband. It turned out beautifully but a little.. short. I'm trying to come up with a way to amend the short-ness of it without ripping it all out and starting over, but this is how the hat looks currently.


I can't wait until I get the rest, it better show up soon! I'm still working on the shawl for my mother, but I'm estimating that it will be done at this progress, in about.. ohh.. two years? I've learned that I despise working on size 17 needles, it's too cumbersome for my little hands. Anyway, this is the final total of all the stuff I'm sending to the RSP. I'm sending the package tomorrow (along with my mix-cds, woot) and hope that it will get there in time. I made the one scarf and the hat and my friend from work made two other scarves (crocheted). Hot. I hope they like it! :)


I'm going to order a massive amount of yarn on Friday from knitpicks, everyone I know wants a hat, geez! I even ordered some for myself (in green/cream/orange colors, pretty fancy) so I'm hoping to actually keep something I knit one of these days. We'll see. That's all for now!

No comments: