Saturday, December 17, 2005

My First Hat

I finished my first ever hat the other day. It turned out really great, I'm very proud of it. I'm sending it as part of my RSP package, so I hope that some kid enjoys it, I even put a big pom pom on it. It's nice and soft and warm. Now I just want to make one for myself. I bought some yarn off of knitpicks today, stuff that I've been looking at for months but never splurged. Also, I bought some to make Scott a hat with, it should be cute.

I used Woolease in "wheat" color for the main part, but for the gray and orange accents I used some of the cheap mohair I bought from Target a few months ago. So soft!

Other than that, I've just been working a lot, which will continue into the next few days. I knit some fingerless gloves/wrist warmer type things today out of this old-as-hell crappy yarn that Delaine found in the storage closet at work. It's variegated red/white/brown and I think it's pretty, but since I just bought new fingerless gloves, I think I may give these ones to someone, but we'll see. The battery on my digicam is dead so I'll take a photo of them tomorrow.

I think that I need some sleep, so that's all for now. Goodnight!

No comments: