Sunday, December 28, 2008

Charity Hats

Made some more progress on my charity hats. It's almost to the start of the crown decreases and even though I've had to frog this first hat TWICE, it's knitting up super fast. Hats: instant gratification. I wanted to do a few more for the local homeless shelter, but have signed up to do chemo hats for one of my online groups (on Ravelry!) and am kind of anxious to start on those. I have a few other WIPs or things I'm waiting on yarn for to start.. but making hats and charity knitting in general is always a good thing. Not only am I having fun knitting, but someone will enjoy what I'm doing. Anyway! Some WIP pictures on my first hat.

Last night...

This morning, added in a second color during the football game (go Vikes!)

I also got a package from my parents yesteryay. The most anticipated package in the history of the world, I'm sure, as it was TEN DAYS LATE. Thanks, Fedex. It was full of fabric and remnants and fun little extras, as well as a quilt that I'm 90% finished with. I am literally 6" of fabric on the bottom away from having both the front and back finished, with two sides already sewed together. I don't know what the hell I'm going to fill it with, maybe just quilt batting from the LQS, as I don't have any on hand.. but then I'm going to have to quilt it myself, argh. I also got stuff from the parents to make them some reusable grocery bags. It's absolutely hideous fabric, but should make some decently strong bags.. so that's also on the slate to start and finish.

Today I ventured outside, and it's worth noting, because it's the first time I drove anywhere in almost two full weeks. The streets are actually pretty clear and I shouldn't have any problem getting to work tomorrow (we'll see). This week is only four days of work, but the first three will be steeped in overtime, because I have a metric ton of work to do. Next week I took vacation because Julie will be coming (yay! I'm so, so SO excited) so I'm only working on Monday. It looks like I'll have plenty of time to knit and sew and get some stuff done. It's a good thing too, as I just bought 15 or so skeins of Patons SWS on sale today at Michaels (for $1.50 a piece, holy crap!).

Kira.. she was being feisty.

No comments: