Wednesday, April 01, 2009

April Goals

I have too much to write a real update about. The semi-felted bag (still waiting to be re-felted.. maybe tonight), Julie's crosswalker socks (finished last night at 1115pm, squeaking in under the March wire).. but I'm at work, and have no access to photos, so for now, I'm writing my March recap and April goals.

In March I completed the following projects:
- 8 Band Cuffs (four in each size)
- 1 pair of Crosswalkers
- 3 10X10" squares for KYS projects
- 1 Angela's Fabulous Felted Bag

Which equals out to be 1120 yards, which brings the YTD total to 3420 yards. I lost track of how many skeins I've used (somewhere between 7-10, but I don't care at this point). Now to revisit goals..

March Goals:
- Finish Julie's socks (crosswalkers)
- Knit at least 1 charity item
- Knit at least 1 thing for myself
- Start log cabin afghan OF DOOM

2009 goals:
- Knit myself a scarf, hat and gloves before winter
- Knit 10000 yds of yarn
- Do not buy any new yarn except under certain conditions (running out of yarn during a project, having an emergency of sorts where I NEED a certain kind of yarn), going forward, except in April at the alpaca farm and once this summer/fall.

Let's see how I did. I finished Julie's socks, knit several charity items, knit the felted bag for myself.. I ran out of time to start the afghan though. My year-long goals were a little less successful.. I still need to start knitting myself winter warmables, but I plan on doing that this month (as I have 4 luscious skeins of Plymouth Baby Alpaca Grande coming my way, enough for a hat and cowl/scarf). I am well on my way to 10000 yards. I semi-failed at this whole not-buying yarn thing. I bought yarn to complete the log-cabin afghan.. so I don't know if that counts. I'm going to be using a ton that's already in stash (8-10 skeins), and I bought 4-5 new skeins. Whatever. I think that I need to change that goal anyway, because I don't have an issue with buying yarn, just buying it when I have no intentions of using it. In that regard, I have gotten 100% better. Everything I buy these days, I think to myself "am I REALLY going to use this? what could it be used for?" and if I can't think of something it could be used for, I just don't get it. I've caught myself a lot of times buying yarn just to buy it (it's so pretty!), but no longer. Now to set my April goals...

April Goals:
- Knit at least 1 charity item (this won't be a problem, as I have 5 already started).
- Start log cabin afghan of DOOM
- Knit 1 item for myself
- Knit 1 pair of socks

2009 goals:
- Knit myself a scarf, hat and gloves before winter
- Knit 10000 yds of yarn
- Do not buy yarn "just to buy yarn". If I make a purchase, it needs to have a project lined up.

No comments: