Sunday, April 12, 2009

Weekend Roundup OF DOOM!

It's been a busy weekend. I started (and made decent progress on) the Log Cabin Afghan of DOOM, as well as watched a few movies (ala Netflix) and caught up with a lot of shows on the DVR. One thing I dislike about having both Netflix and DVR is that I feel like I need to dedicate time to watching both.. and feel guilty if I don't. It's weird. Anywho.

This is an afghan square (10X10") I did for a charity blanket on Ravelry. It will be seamed up and auctioned off, the proceeds are going to Doctors Without Borders. I viewed an inprogress photo of the blanket (without my square, as I only sent it off on Friday), and it's really awesome looking so far. Anyway, this square was roughly another 80 yards, bringing my March total to 340 yards.

Up next is FINALLY an update about the first felted project (Angela's Fabulous Felted Bag). I felted it last month, but it didn't felt all the way.. so I researched a little about the felting process and discovered that my warm/warm cycle was probably to blame. It literally spent 2+ hours felting that first run. I threw it in a pillow sack and let it go for 1 full cycle (about 20 minutes) on hot/cold, and voila! Felted bag! I am very happy with the finished results, but I might give it away as a gift or something.. as I just don't really use bags that often.

And last, but not least, is the first mention (and photo) of the Log Cabin Afghan of DOOM! I started this on Friday night and this was my progress through last night. I finished up the brown square but I need 1-2 more "warm" colors, so I went to JoAnn today .. but since it's Easter, they were closed. Ah well, I think my fingers could use a break. I have been keeping tally of the yardage knit up with every piece so far and at the end of the month I'll add it all up and put it toward this month's yards. This piece (pictured above) is already something like 17X17" and about 350 yards (IIRC), so I'm making good progress with it. I'd REALLY like for this to be done by the time my parents come out next month, but we'll see.

No comments: